Tuesday 3 March 2020



Final Major Project Update – Natives – 3/3/20


Over the past couple weeks, I have been working on developing the native race for my concept. I began simply with sketching and after I produced a few I came across a head idea I really liked, so I moved to Zbrush to sculpt it to determine if it would work in 3D. It also made drawing the race over and over again easier. I stuck with the idea. It matched the rest of the fauna of the environment by having the nose-bone be a crest with nostril holes.


I painted a page of quick heads to work out colours and expressions and how individuals can vary or how genders vary.


I decided that they should have natural markings across their body. Females would have green and males would have red. I also played with the idea of hair dyes.

I went on to create the basic body structure/proportions. I wanted to make them very close to humans with slight differences, the same way dwarves, elves, and humans are similar but different despite living in the same world. I made the natives slightly taller than the average human and also decided that both males and females would be of similar height to each other. I wanted to change the feet and made them hardier looking as this race of people are more accustomed to walking around bare foot on difficult terrain.


Then I designed what kind of body markings they would have, and after choosing one, I created a reference page for the design of the natives.



Then I began to work on the clothing. I just wanted to get and give a feeling for what sort of clothes they would wear. I decided the use of rope and simple lengths of cloth was best. Not too fancy but not boring. I applied some colours to see which sort of dyes would look best.





I wanted to do a shaman design as well because it is an important character to the game as it is the character who will conduct the power of the ancients into the main character. I started with sketches and then found a design I really liked. It’s unique to the rest of the natives, and has a big pop of colour with the feathers and has the bug wing nose piece worn only by shamans.




The last thing I have done for this race is some drawings showcasing day to day life and people.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission Notes

Final Major Project - 30/05/20 - HAND IN UPDATE As I previously emailed my tutors about, I was having a lot of technical difficulties in ...